Friday, November 09, 2007

Bariatrics, Part 4: One Month Out


Today is my one-month "bandiversary." For the past week, the scale has been bouncing back and forth between 268.4 and 268.8. I went back to Curves on Wednesday, though, and that might have something to do with the scale being "stuck."

That doesn't matter, though. This morning, I got some news that's even better than a scale-drop.

If you're diabetic or know something about medical testing, you'll know that the normal range for fasting a.m. blood glucose is 80 to 120. Yep! For the first time since I went off Metformin, my blood sugar is sub-diabetic!!! What a happy day this is!

If you're considering Lap-Band surgery and some surgeon tells you that only a Roux-en-Y will help diabetes, don't buy it. I'm not the only one who's gotten this kind of result.

No comments: